The 22nd International Meeting of Communist and Workers Parties presented a plan of action to develop until the next event.
The international meeting, which ran for three days in Havana and gathered 145 delegates from 78 parties of communist and workers’ affiliation from 60 countries, took place in crucial moments for the world, when humanity is debating between the war promoted by the centers of world capitalism and the aspiration for peace and development to which our peoples have the right.
The meeting generated a space for reflection, exchange, unity and collaboration; for agreement on common positions and actions; and for international solidarity with the cause of the workers’ struggle, with the Cuban Revolution and the peoples facing imperialist and fascist aggression.
and Workers’ Parties, Havana, Cuba
The 22nd International Meeting of Communist and Workers’ Parties
held on October 27-29, 2022 in Havana, Cuba defined the following main guidelines and actions to be developed ahead of the next Meeting:
- To carry out mobilizations in defense of peace and in rejection of the imperialist war, belligerent interventions, nuclear weapons and others of mass destruction, foreign military bases, as well as against NATO and other imperialist alliances like AUKUS.
- To celebrate September 21, International Day of Peace, with a great worldwide mobilization to denounce war.
- To ensure the success of the World Peace Council Assembly.
- To advocate for a serious, constructive and realist resolution to the conflict in Ukraine through dialogue and negotiation.
- To encourage the political and active participation of the youth to ensure the continuity of the ideas and principles that we defend. To preserve and transmit to the new generations the historical memory of the international communist and workers’ movement.
- To celebrate International Youth Day on August 12.
- To celebrate International Student Day on November 17.
- To organize in person and virtual workshops and seminars that contribute to the exchange, analysis and dissemination of the theoretical and practical concepts of Marxism and Leninism and the values of socialism, as the only system that responds to the just demands and legitimate rights of the peoples. To this end, the following activities and commemorations may be considered:
- Centenary of the creation of the USSR.
- The 140th Anniversary of the death of Karl Marx (March 14, 1883).
- The 175th Anniversary of the publication of the Communist Manifesto (February 21, 1848).
- The First International Meeting of Theoretical Publications of Parties and Movements of the Left, to be held in Cuba, (February 10-12, 2023).
- To denounce anticommunism and fascism, as well as the misrepresentation of the historical contribution of the USSR and socialism, in the context of the centenary of the creation of the USSR and the fiftieth anniversary of the fascist coup d’état to the President Salvador Allende government of Unidad Popular in Chile.
- To express solidarity with the just causes of the peoples, with the communists who face persecution and prohibitions on their free exercise of their political rights; to stand against dictatorial regimes, repression and discrimination in terms of democratic rights and freedoms.
- To carry out international campaigns in solidarity and support of the struggle of the working and peasant classes, women and immigrants in their just demand for their right to unionization, better wages and working conditions, and their democratic rights.
- To increase mobilizations on March 8th, International Women’s Day and May 1st, International Workers’ Day.
- To carry out activities in defense of the culture and identity of the peoples in the face of the imperialist cultural neo-colonization project.
- To actively participate in popular mobilizations to demand the care and protection of the environment and reject the capitalist model of production and consumption.
- To express solidarity with all peoples struggling against foreign occupation, blockades, sanctions, and imperialist aggression.
- To participate in days of solidarity with the Cuban people for the immediate and unconditional lifting of the tightened economic, commercial and financial blockade imposed by the U.S.; against the inclusion of Cuba on the arbitrary and unilateral list of “State Sponsors of Terrorism”, the interference in its internal affairs and the attempts to subvert its constitutional order.
- To achieve a greater and more active participation of IMCWP member parties in the World Days of Solidarity with Cuba, to be held on the last weekend of each month.
- To strengthen the solidarity with the Palestinian people in their struggle. To demand by all means possible the immediate end of the Israeli occupation and the right of the Palestinian people to exercise their free determination and to have an independent and sovereign state with its capital in East Jerusalem. To demand the refugees’ right of return, in accordance with the relevant UN Resolutions. To condemn the so-called “Deal of the Century” and the US and Israel criminal policy of colonizing and apartheid practices, including the construction and expansion of settlements in the occupied Palestinian territory.
- To launch an international campaign on the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People on November 29.
- To demand a just and lasting solution to the question of Western Sahara, as well as to seek a peaceful and negotiated solution to the still unresolved conflicts, within the framework of the United Nations and in adherence to International Law rules.
- To hold a general mobilization in solidarity with the struggle of the Saharawi people for the exercise of their legitimate rights on May 10, Foundation of the POLISARIO Front.
- To promote solidarity with the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela in the face of the aggressions and sanctions illegally imposed by the US and European imperialism. To carry out actions demanding the immediate lifting of the illegal coercive measures and the return of the assets owned by Venezuela that have been appropriated by the imperialist powers.
- To support the inalienable right of the people of Puerto Rico to self-determination and independence.
- To support the International Day of Solidarity with Puerto Rico that is celebrated every October 30 to commemorate the first armed uprising against U.S. colonialism.
- To support the actions and activities carried out by the political member parties of IMCWP in Latin America and the Caribbean to observe the following historical events:
- Bicentennial of the independence of Central American countries.
- 170th anniversary of the birth of José Martí, National Hero of Cuba.
- 70th anniversary of the Assault on the Moncada and Carlos Manuel de Céspedes Barracks.
- To denounce imperialist interference in Latin America and the Caribbean in the context of the Bicentennial of the Proclamation of the Monroe Doctrine and the 40th anniversary of the U.S. invasion of Grenada.
- To achieve greater action by the communist and workers’ parties and their related social organizations with the objective of achieving a better articulation and strengthening of the international anti-imperialist organizations, in particular, the World Federation of Trade Unions (WFTU), the World Peace Council (WPC), the World Federation of Democratic Youth (WFDY) and the Women’s International Democratic Federation (WIDF).
- To strengthen unity, interaction and cooperation among the Communist and Workers’ Parties of all regions of the world to successfully celebrate the 23rd IMCWP in Turkey.